Unlike specialized dentists, that focus on a particular aspect of dentistry, general dentists provide a wide variety of essential services to your overall dental health. Much like medical doctors who serve as a primary care physicians, a general dentist provides all necessary, routine, and preventive treatments, in addition to patient education services. Whenever the situation calls for it, general dentists will refer patients to specialists. Dedicated to providing the routine dental care you need, our team of dentists works to address any dental health issues that may arise.
Providing a wide range of dental care, our team works directly with patients of all ages in the El Camino Village area. Our goal is to develop strong, lasting relationships with every one of our patients. Part of maintaining this relationship, and enacting top-quality dental treatment plans, includes ensuring patients receive regular checkups and cleanings. Scheduling semi-annual appointments allow us to maintain healthy smiles and identify and prevent dental issues from treating patients’ problems as they develop. We believe that education plays an integral role in the relationship between patients and their dentists. We take our responsibility seriously to ensure our patients are aware of all treatment options for both routine and complex dental issues. This allows patients to make educated choices about their care, as well as their treatment.
Routine dental exams and cleaning comprise many of our daily tasks, but they are just part of what we do as general dentists. When patients need additional services, we can address those needs directly. These services include restorative care such as tooth-colored dental fillings, porcelain crowns, dental inlays and onlays, and dental bonding, as well as:
- Treatments of Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Issues
- Mouthguards for Bruxism and Other Conditions
- Dental Crowns and Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- Full and Partial Dentures
- Dental extraction and Other Oral Surgery
- Periodontal Treatments
- Root canal and Other Endodontic Treatments
- Routine Dental Sealant and Fluoride Treatments
- Tooth Whitening and Porcelain Veneers
No matter the dental issues you might be struggling with, our dentists’ team is ready to help you alleviate the problem. We offer convenient, flexible office hours and accept a variety of dental insurance and other flexible payment options. Please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment for more information on our practice and learn more about our patient-centered approach to dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry in El Camino Village
Are you unhappy with the appearance of your smile? We offer a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures to help regain confidence in your smile! In the hands of a skilled dentist, cosmetic dentistry can radically transform your smile. No matter what shape your teeth are currently in, including stained, crooked, chipped, gapped, uneven, worn, or misshapen, we can turn them into a beautiful smile. Our team of experts will assist you in determining the right treatment plan for your situation.
Our cosmetic services include the following:
Dental Inlays and Onlays
- Inlays are a type of filling that can address cavities and other damage, while onlays take care of more severe damage done to a tooth’s cusps.
- This is the practice of using soft composite resin to fix minor cracks and chips on your teeth. The composite resin used is pliable, allowing the dentist to mold it into the required shape and polish it to any shade.
- Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain used to recreate the appearance of natural teeth. They provide strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel and are the material of choice for those looking to make slight improvements to tooth size, shape, or even color.
- A dental bridge bridges the space between teeth, often resulting from a missing tooth. This type of restoration requires anchoring to one or more neighboring teeth, which function as a support for the bridge.
- Dental implants are another solution for missing teeth. Your dentist will place the implant surgically, then fuse it to your jawbone, thus anchoring it into position.
- A smile makeover is more of a general term used when two or more cosmetic dentistry treatments are used to completely remake your teeth’ look, creating a beautiful, functional, and healthy smile.
- The impact of food and drink, tobacco use, age, trauma, and medications can have on your teeth’ color can be significant, often leaving you with a less than pearly white smile. Teeth whitening is a simple process of using one of two tooth bleaches (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) to make your teeth brighter.
Straightening your teeth does more than give you a beautiful smile. Straight teeth are often easier to clean, which can assist in staving off cavities. They can also help correct your bite, tooth, and jaw alignment, helping avoid other dental problems.
Invisalign gives patients the option to straighten their teeth discretely because, as the name says, Invisalign is made to be invisible. Invisalign uses aligner trays made of BPA-free plastic to slowly and gradually move your teeth. This type of plastic is smooth and comfortable, providing a comfortable tray for long term use. Rather than using a mold, Invisalign uses a 3-D image of your teeth to configure aligner trays with the perfect.
Invisalign is great for adults who want to straighten their teeth but have been hesitant as they don’t want the appearance of having metal braces at an older age.
One of the most significant benefits of having Invisalign as a treatment option is that the trays can be removed, allowing you to eat and drink without getting food stuck. Invisalign trays should be worn 22-24 hours a day, with the treatment lasting 6 to 18 months – depending on the patient’s specific situation. Cleaning Invisalign trays can be done with an Invisalign cleaning system or by brushing and rinsing the trays just like you do your teeth. You will always need to clean them after you eat or drink anything besides water, and in the morning and at night. If you’re seeking an Invisalign specialist near El Camino Village, we are here for you.
Dental Implants and Bridges
Dental bridges and implants are constructed very differently. A bridge is made of a false tooth suspended between two crowns that the dentist cements onto prepared natural teeth on either side and maybe slightly more noticeable than an implant. An implant is a false tooth attached to a titanium post the periodontist or oral surgeon has inserted in the jaw bone.
The missing tooth location is an important factor when deciding between a bridge or implant as a replacement. If the tooth being replaced is toward the back of the mouth, it won’t be noticeable. However, if the bridge is replacing a tooth at the front of your mouth, it may be more apparent.
When choosing between a bridge or implant, time and cost may significantly impact your overall decision. Your dentist can usually provide a bridge over the course of two visits within just a few weeks as a less expensive option. When you choose an implant, the waiting time is longer, requiring a span of three to six months for the jaw bone to grow around the implant’s titanium post.
Dental Health’s Impact on Overall Health
In many respects, your dental health can be seen as a mirror of your general health. Some dental problems can be seen as indicators of other health issues and vice versa. For example, untreated oral infections can lead to poor control of diabetes, increased chance of cardiovascular disease, and pregnancy complications. General dentists are trained to identify these and other issues and offer appropriate treatment or referral when needed. One particular concern is obstructive sleep apnea, a severe condition that can sometimes be treated with an oral appliance. General dentists can also offer nutritional counseling, tobacco cessation advice, and public health and wellness information. If you’re seeking an all-around dentist near El Camino Village, that serves Gardena, Hawthorne, North Redondo and Lawndale, we are here for you and our family; call us today at 310-742-8723