General Dentist in Gardena
Unlike specialized dentists that focus on a particular aspect of dentistry, general dentists provide a wide array of essential services to your overall dental health. Like a medical doctor who is a primary care physician, A general dentist provides all necessary, routine, preventive treatments and patient education services. When required, general dentists will refer you to specialists. Our team of dentists is dedicated to providing you with the routine care you need and address any dental health issues that may arise.
We provide a wide range of dental care for patients of all ages in the Gardena, CA area. Our goal is to develop strong, lasting relationships with our patients, and ensuring you receive regular checkups and cleanings are the foundation of that relationship and dental treatment plan. Scheduling semi-annual appointments allow us to keep your smile healthy and identify and prevent dental issues and treat any problems our patients may develop. We believe that education is an integral part of the relationship between a dentist and patient and take our responsibility to ensure our patients are aware of treatment options for routine and complex dental issues. This allows the patient to make educated choices about your care and treatment.
Routine dental exams and cleaning a large part of our daily jobs, but it is just part of what we as general dentists do. When patients need additional services, we can address those needs. Specialty dental services we can provide our patients include the following:
Restorative care that includes tooth-colored dental fillings, porcelain crowns, dental inlays and onlays, and dental bonding
No matter the dental issues, our team of dentists can help you fix the problem. Our office hours are convenient and flexible. We accept a variety of dental insurance and can be flexible with payment options. For more information on our practice, contact us to learn more about our patient-centered approach to dentistry or schedule an appointment.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Gardena, CA
Are you unhappy with the appearance of your smile? We provide a variety of cosmetic dentistry so you can get back your confident smile! In the hands of a skilled dentist, cosmetic dentistry can radically transform your smile. No matter what shape your teeth are in, stained, crooked, chipped, gapped, uneven, worn, or misshapen, we can turn them into a beautiful smile. Our team of experts will assist you in determining the right treatment plan for your situation. Our cosmetic services include the following:
Dental Inlays and Onlays
- Inlays are a type of filling that can address cavities and other damage, while onlays take care of more severe damage done to a tooth’s cusps.
- This is the practice of using soft composite resin to fix minor cracks and chips on your teeth. The composite resin used is pliable, allowing the dentist to mold it into the shape needed and polish it to any shade.
- Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain used to recreate the natural look of teeth. They provide strength and resilience comparable to natural tooth enamel and is the material of choice for those looking to make slight to tooth size, shape, or color.
- A dental bridge bridges the space between teeth that results from a missing tooth. This type of restoration requires anchoring to one or more neighboring teeth, which function as a support for the bridge.
- Dental implants are another solution for missing teeth. Your dentist will place the implant surgically, then fuse it to your jawbone, thus anchoring it into position.
- A smile makeover is a general term used when two or more cosmetic dentistry treatments are used to completely remake your teeth’ look, creating a beautiful, functional, healthy smile.
- The impact of food and drink, tobacco use, age, trauma, and medications can have on your teeth’ color can be significant, often leaving you with a less than pearly white smile. Teeth whitening is a simple process of using one of two tooth bleaches (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide) to make your teeth brighter.
Straightening your teeth does more than give you a beautiful smile. Straight teeth are often easier to clean, which can help stave off cavities. They can also help correct your bite, aligning your teeth and jaw, which can help avoid other dental problems.
Invisalign gives patients the option to straighten their teeth discretely because, as the name says, Invisalign is made to be invisible. Invisalign uses aligner trays made of BPA-free plastic to slowly and gradually move your teeth. This type of plastic is smooth and comfortable, so wearing the trays is comfortable. Rather than using a mold, Invisalign uses a 3-D image of your teeth to configure aligner trays with the perfect.
Invisalign is great for adults who want to straighten their teeth but have hesitated as they don’t want the appearance of having metal braces at an older age.
One of the most significant benefits of having Invisalign as a treatment option is that the trays can be removed, allowing you to eat and drink without getting food stuck. Invisalign trays should be worn 22-24 hours a day, with the treatment lasting 6 to 18 months, depending on the patient’s specific situation. Cleaning Invisalign trays can be done with an Invisalign cleaning system or by brushing and rinsing the trays just like you do your teeth. You will always need to clean them after you eat or drink anything besides water, and in the morning and at night. If you’re seeking an Invisalign specialist near Gardena, we are here for you.
Dental Implants and Bridges
Dental bridges and implants are constructed very differently. A bridge is made of a false tooth suspended between two crowns that the dentist cements onto prepared natural teeth on either side and may be slightly more noticeable than an implant. An implant is a false tooth attached to a titanium post the periodontist or oral surgeon has inserted in the jaw bone.
The missing tooth location is an important factor when deciding between a bridge or implant as a replacement. If the tooth being replaced is toward the back of the mouth, it won’t be noticeable. However, if the bridge is replacing a tooth at the front of your mouth, it may be more apparent.
When choosing between a bridge or implant, time and cost may play a role in your decision. Your dentist can usually provide a bridge over two visits within a few weeks, and it can be a less expensive option. If you choose an implant, the waiting time is longer. It can take three to six months for the jaw bone to grow around the implant’s titanium post.
Dental Health’s Impact on Overall Health
In many respects, your Dental health can be seen as a mirror of your general health. Some dental problems can be indicators of other health issues and vice versa. For example, untreated oral infections can lead to poor control of diabetes, increased chance of cardiovascular disease, and pregnancy complications. General dentists are trained to identify these and other issues and offer appropriate treatment or referral when needed. One particular concern is obstructive sleep apnea, a severe condition that can sometimes be treated with an oral appliance. General dentists can also offer nutritional counseling, tobacco cessation advice, and general health and wellness information. If you’re seeking an all-around dentist in Gardena, we are here for you and our family, call us today at 310-742-8723